Favorite Type of Non-Browser Based Games?

James
Jun 29, 2010
What type of games do you like best that aren't browser games? I'm talking like Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, etc. Not necessarily the name of a game (though that works too), but what kinds of game.

My favorite would have to be sports games like Madden and sandbox games like GTA, Just Cause, and most recently Red Dead Redemption.
isaiah1son
Jun 29, 2010
i like the big MMO's like world of warcraft or evercrack...oops i mean everquest hehe. but i havent found one i liked in a while....fallout 3 was pretty good. basically rpg's in general
Xarr
Jun 30, 2010
RPG's the best.
MMO's as long as theres not a ton of little noob calling kids playing as well.
Virtual life simulation games ^.^
Harvest moon, don't make fun =p

Consoles, pc. It's all good.
James
Jun 30, 2010
Yeah MMO's are fun, though in my position I really can't afford to play them if you know what I mean. I played the World of Warcraft trial and knew I would get hooked if I subscribed. I think BC Wars owes its existence to me not subscribing lol.
isaiah1son
Jun 30, 2010
lol...yea i do know what you mean...the early versions of everquest state on the box "if you never wanna see a relative again give them this game" hehe and the nicknames "evercrack" ... WOW hooked me as well i think between the both of those games i lost about 1.5 years of my life ) fun though
hailcaesar
Jun 30, 2010
I'm mostly into strategy, turn based or real time. Civ 4, AOE, Caesar 3, 1703 AD, Patrician 3,Total War Rome, (and others), Chariots of War, Pharaoh/Cleopatra, and some FPS, Medal of Honor series mostly, all I play are PC games, too old and stupid to handle those newfangled controllers!! (yes, many hundreds of hours doing the,"just one more turn"....thing!)
James
Jul 1, 2010
Ah yes I love the total war games. I do really love RTS games as well (Tiberian Sun was my favorite game for a long time) and I've even considered making an online-only one (I'll need a real office, etc before that could ever become a reality though).
loki666
Jul 1, 2010
Fallout 3,Call Of Duty MW2 and starcraft are my favorite games.the starcraft for nintendo 64 lol oh and i like any final fantasy games so mostly rpgs strategy and first person shooters.
Dadfish
Jul 2, 2010
ooo..I have a PS3, and I want Red Dead Redemption so bad I can taste it..And there's another one coming out called This is Vegas that looks great, too...
Gazguy
Aug 10, 2010
I have a x box I cant wait till halo reach is out
James
Aug 10, 2010
I never really got into the Halo games. I bought Halo 2 and 3, but I never finished them. The thing I always ended up doing was just crashing the warthogs, that was pretty fun.
Dadfish
Aug 10, 2010
lol...Have you tried the new racer called BLUR?
James
Aug 10, 2010
No, but it sounds familiar. My copy of Madden should be here soon, so that is the only xbox game I'll be playing for a while.
izak
Aug 11, 2010
I like sports, shoot 'em up, war, really any kind of game. My favs would be either Madden, Halo, Need For Speed, Splinter Cell, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour. But i play a lot of other games too just really anything i play.
James
Aug 11, 2010
I usually like NCAA Football better than Madden, but since Tebow is on the cover I had to get Madden instead this year. It's too bad, I've gotten every NCAA Football release since 2003 until now.
izak
Aug 11, 2010
ya i have an x box so i cant get any newer ones or not since the last time i checked i have 03 and 05 ncaa and i have madden 08 and 07
Toxxy
Aug 11, 2010
I've been playing a lot of retro stuff lately. They're good games when you only have time to play when you can avoid doing something else.
justindotson11
Aug 13, 2010
halo reach specially cause i got xbox live reddeadredemption halo series merecenaries1 & 2 modern warfare 2 total war original battle field bad company 1 & 2 saints row 2 halo wars facebook (does it count)
ForelManyFaces
Aug 19, 2010
RPG's and Strategies.

Haven't gotten into any lately but I do get around to Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI. Few oldies. Shining Force 1 & 2. Warsong (love this one). Pacific Theatre of Operations 2.
bwebb0017
Sep 26, 2010
Gotta go with the Fallout series, 1,2,3, and Tactics! Best series/world ever created!
Dadfish
Oct 3, 2010
I got Red Dead Redemption last week, and all I can say is WOW !! This game is over the top as far as graphics go. The story line is great, too..The job they did on the horses(textures, animation, AI) is nothing short of awesome.
LuciusSilanus
Oct 4, 2010
Starcraft 2 here. But I've been looking to play some more civ4. Does anyone play pitboss? I'm not too good, but I do enjoy the game
Getas
Oct 20, 2010
Sccoze me for spammin' but I do like this game:

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Getas75
kunalmzr
Oct 23, 2010
My favorite are as follows,

1. Age of Empire series.
2. Need for Speed Series,
3. Prince of Persia series,
4. Grand Auto Theft Series,
5. Max Payne series,
6. Mafia series,
7. EA Sports Cricket series,
8. Moto GP series.
zio
Oct 30, 2010
Survival horror games like Dead Space, F.E.A.R. 2 and Bioshock series.